Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Little House On The Prairie?... Not likely!

The album's taking shape. The tracks are coming to life ... our 'babies' are now able to stand on their own. We've selected several to work on first, I suppose in some ways they're the core of the whole album in as much as they'll set the energy, pace and theme of it.

Considering I'm what you'd describe as techno phobic, I've had to pull myself up by the boot straps and bloody well get used to numb butt cheeks sitting so long by the computer, blisters on my index fingers (yes, I'm one of those who can't type) whilst navigating myself through downloads, mp3's and listening to our progress via the laptop! Yep I know... welcome to the real world.

It seems to me that it's not all that bad. I mean, what was I getting my knickers in a twist about? Just means I've had to down my guitar for the time being, put my dictaphone to early retirement (previously, I recorded all my own vocal ideas by this antiquated method) and dust the 4 track down with regularity as it sits in it's new position as ... that 'thing' stuck in the corner of my music room. It'll be worth a fortune in years to come, as an antique, so I'm gonna cling to it for dear life!

Now that I've become deflowered by all this techno whatsit, I've decided that enough is enough ... just for a few days. I've been quite giddy (doesn't take alot) with my poor brain on overload, trying to grasp how to access and download etc. I need to clear my head, get refreshed, rest and gather some energy for the next onslaught that the album will bring early next week.

The possibilities are :
1. A pleasant meander in the countryside maybe?
2. A Sunday jaunt, with a stop off ... beer? Or even a meal?
3. A trip to the Black Sea possibly?
4. Or simply stay at home with the quilt over my head?

NO! Attention! Fratii Jderi, here I come!

And it ain't gonna be no Little House On The Prairie, kind of experience. You know, the one where cute Laura runs down the meadow clutching a posy of dead flowers, plaids of hair bellowing in the wind, big grinning, gappy toothed smile. Stop it Lu, cos it ain't happening!

Yes, I'll be in the mountain countryside, but it seems like I'll be neck high in mud; getting soaked on the rapids, scaring myself silly on cliff faces (stand aside Stallone, bow down and fear me... yeah right!), and out running bears and wolves that might take a liking to me!

Could be the making of me, as long as I don't break a nail. Then again I'd rather that than break my neck... leg, head, arm!

Bring it on, I say. The question is, do I bring lipstick or lip gloss? Only kidding. Lip gloss of course! Tut!

Lulu
( http://www.fratiijderi.ro/index.html?r )
www.myspace.com/lucozma
www.myspace.com/tempestacrew

No comments: