Sunday, July 20, 2008

And so I survived. Plus, HEAT... the new track

Unscathed and still alive, I've returned to the nitty, gritty, city. Yep, my adventures took me to the outer perimeters of my fear and shook me out of my cosy comfort zone.

Girlie screaming has never been my thing. However on the odd occasion afew slipped out... I admit my weak moment(s)!

The mountains were the most stunning I've ever seen. I had to keep rubbing my eyes to enable me to take in the beauty surrounding me. I was convinced it was an illusion... my eyes/mind playing tricks on me. I soaked up the atmosphere and gladly de-cloaked myself from the hard armour of Bucharest. It was such a release letting go of the stress and breathing in a fresh, natural energy, rather than car fumes and city dust.

It's lovely too when you hook up with friends you haven't seen for a while... those first moments of hugs; smiles, the buzzing, rapid chitter-chatter between sips of beer. Totally ace.

I decided to hit the sack early the first night. My nemesis awaited the next morning.... a wide expanse of water. Kayaking was on the agenda!

For someone who just about paddles in knee deep water and still has her toes curling at the soundtrack to Jaws ringing in her ear was more than freaked out by the concept of voluntarily getting into a flimsy, inflatable dingy and 'splashing about' on a VERY, VERY DEEP lake! Gulp! However I wasn't gonna let my fear of drowning or having my leg bitten off by an overgrown thuggish, toothy fish creature stand in the way of what could be a perfectly pleasant, gentle experience. Hmmmm!

When there's water and testosterone pumped men folk about, it's always a recipe for complete mayhem. Gentle paddle? For God's sake, what was I thinking!

Of course... it's all part of the experience! You get chased by your so called 'mates' who are relentlessly on a quest to topple your dingy thingy over or at the very least make you as wet, as wet can be and then you do the same back! Thank goodness for wet suits... didn't stop me from getting wet, cold and shivery, but I found after going blue with hypothermia that peeing in it keeps ya well warm!

After more than a couple of hours (felt like an eternity) I think eventually I must have lost the will to live. All I remember screaming was something on the lines of 'Stop. I want my mama'! To which pity was reluctantly bestowed on me and I was taken safely back to shore. I didn't care that I had become a giant prune... a blue one stinking of pee. I was on solid ground and the feeling was more than pleasurable.

After stuffing our faces with the best home cooked grub ever, quad biking was next. Full stomach and choosing to go team up with Jurgen... made a few eye brows fix to a raised position. I soon realised why. Jurgens need, is for speed. He's a regular quad biker, or should I say ATV rider, whatever. It's got 4 wheels and goes like.... fast. It goes especially fast when Jurgen happens to be on one!

It was totally amaaaaaaaaaaaazing. Apart from most of the forests fly inhabitants splatting on to my gritted teeth or into my eyes and my lunch trying it's best to get back 'out', the experience was at times fast, furious and a bit frightening... bring it on! Just as fun as stock car racing, only better, cos you get to do more than go around in circles . Ace.

The only thing out of the whole weekend experience that I couldn't get to grips with was climbing. My head for heights is, well, pretty non-existent. Ten points for attempting, ten points for the biggest wimp! Accepting defeat on this event; bottom shuffling down to safety and letting the 'big kids' do their thing, was only fair.

And so I survived. Without a bruise, broken bone or chipped nail! Hallelujah.

I've arrived back home to a multitude of emails; requests, things to do, telephone calls to make, and general chaos. In other words.... normality.

Shatyr has been busy posting the new track on various sites.... been gone 2 days, and I can't keep up with him! The reaction so far has been great. The tracks official title is HEAT. One of our summer tracks that is just so apt for this wonderful summer climate here in Romania.

Priority is to get radio play and publicity in any way, shape or form. Hmmm... well, as long as we keep our clothes on and our dignity's in tact. Of course!

Right, I'm off to get cracking on things, cos this albums not gonna get itself out there.

Posts on progress will follow shortly...

Lulu

No comments: